I have a favorite recipe book that I received as a wedding gift almost 19 (gulp--am I that old???) years ago. In this entry, I will be posting some of my favorites from that recipe book. :) Enjoy!!
Santa Fe Soup
1 lb. hamburger, browned and drained
1 can black beans
1 can pinto beans
1 can Rotel
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can white corn
1 can creamed corn
2 pkgs. taco seasoning
1 pkg. ranch dressing mix
Heat all ingredients together. Serve with tortilla chips, cheese, and sour cream.
Corn Casserole
1 small pkg. Jiffy cornbread mix
1 can corn, drained
1 can creamed corn
8 oz. sour cream (I use fat free)
1 stick butter, melted
1 T. sugar
2 eggs
Mix together and bake in a greased casserole at 350 for 1 hour.
Sausage Roll
2 pkgs. cresent rolls
1 lb. turkey sausage
8 oz. cream cheese (I use reduced fat)
1 tsp. dry mustard
1/4 tsp. dill weed
Cook sausage and drain. Add cream cheese and spices. Roll out cresent rolls side by side, pinching seams together. Spread on sausage mixture. Roll up jelly roll style and wrap in wax paper overnight. Slice and cook at 350 for approximately 20 minutes.
Carmelized Bananas with nuts
8 just ripe bananas, peeled and halved lengthwise
1 c. dark brown sugar
6 T. butter
1 T. boiling water
Vanilla ice cream
honey roasted peanuts
Preheat oven to 400. Arrange bananas, cut side up, in dish. Combine sugar and butter and cook over moderate heat until just melted. Add water and boil for 3 minutes. Pour over bananas. Bake for 15 minutes. Serve immediately with ice cream and peanuts.
Hot Vanilla
4 c. milk (whole is best. Or whole with a combination of half and half or whipping cream)
1/4 c. honey
1 tsp. vanilla
ground cinnamon and cinnamon stick
Heat milk in a saucepan over medium heat until hot but not boiling. Remove from heat and add honey and vanilla. Ladle into mugs. Sprinkle with cinnamon and serve with a cinnamon stick.
Sour Cream Chicken
1 pkg. chicken breasts, each breast halved
1 jar dried beef
1 pkg. turkey bacon
1 c. sour cream (fat free)
1 can cream of mushroom soup (cream of chicken can also be used)
paprika
Wrap each chicken piece in a slice of dried beef, then wrap in turkey bacon. Place in casserole.
Mix sour cream and soup and pour over chicken. Sprinkle with paprika.
Bake at 300 for 2 hours.
*Can be easily doubled for a larger crowd.
I will post more from my favorites book soon!
Occupo Victus!
Paula
Staff Features: A Glimpse of Grace
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment