Tomorrow is my son's 6th birthday. It is a tradition in our family to take the birthday boy/girl out to eat. Sean has informed us that he wants to go to either Taco Bell, Pizza Inn, or Long John Silver's. I can hardly wait! Our older children usually pick a nicer sit down restaurant, but the boy always takes us someplace quick and cheap. :)
I also let the kids request something for me to cook for them, and tonight Sean picked the chicken from the Cashew Chicken recipe and rice. I didn't feel like eating plain fried chicken, so I made a dipping sauce that I haven't made in years! It's very good and here's the recipe.
Peanut Dipping Sauce
1 can coconut milk
1/4 c. lime juice
2 T. brown sugar
3 T. soy sauce
red pepper flakes, to taste
1/2 c. crunchy peanut butter
Heat coconut milk, lime juice, brown sugar, soy sauce, and red pepper flakes in a saucepan just to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter.
I have only used it for dipping the chicken, but I think it would also be good with sauteed or grilled pork.
Occupo victus!
Paula
Staff Features: A Glimpse of Grace
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment