As I sit at the computer, I am eating what is quite possibly the best burger ever. I found the recipe in a magazine several months ago and have made it twice already.
They are a fairly plain burger topped with lots of great stuff--bacon, pimento cheese, honey slaw, and crushed potato chips. YUM!! I always opt out of the bun, and I really don't miss it at all with these. :)
Southern Pimento Cheese Burgers
Pimento Cheese:
1 c. shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
1/3 c. shredded Monterey Jack cheese
3 T. mayonnaise
2 T. cream cheese, softened (I use reduced fat or plain yogurt)
2 oz. jar diced pimentos, drained
1 T. bread and butter pickle juice
1/2 T. creamy horshradish sauce
1 tsp. yellow mustard
Honey Slaw:
2 T. mayonnaise
1 T. honey
1 1/4 c. shredded cabbage
Burgers:
1 1/4 lb. ground chuck
1/4 lb. cured and smoked country ham, chopped in a food processor
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 c. water
8 slices bacon, fried
1/2 c. crushed kettle cooked potato chips
Set oven to broil.
Mix all Pimento Cheese ingredients together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
Mix all Honey Slaw ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside.
Combine beef, ham, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and water in a large bowl. Mix well and shape into patties. Broil 4-5 minutes on each side or until no longer pink.
Serve on hamburger buns, topping with bacon, pimento cheese, honey slaw, and potato chips.
Occupo victus!
Paula
Staff Features: A Glimpse of Grace
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment